Installer Repair Technician
Reports To: I&R Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Install, maintain, and operate all types of network communications equipment which includes routers, ethernet switches, wireless access points, IP Phones, ONTs and other equipment related to broadband, internet, data, and voice services. Install and maintain fiber and copper cable facilities. Install and maintain ethernet cable facilities. Install and maintain voice systems, surveillance, security systems, network extending equipment and other CPE. Assists other departments with installation and maintenance of network equipment. Typically assigned to a specific exchange or exchanges. Occasional travel may necessitate overnight stays.
Essential Job Functions:
• Install and repair services and equipment at the customer premise.
• Research complex problems and issues to determine and implement solutions.
• Confer with customers to further determine problems and implement acceptable solutions.
• Splice and test fiber optic/copper cable systems.
• Escalate and communicate problems quickly finding a solution by incorporating thorough investigation and troubleshooting techniques.
• Installation and maintenance of key systems, surveillance systems, security systems, network extending equipment and other CPE.
• Assist other departments with the installation and maintenance of network equipment.
• Complete and update all installation and repair related forms, reports, and records.
• Proactively upsell WRT products and services.
• Adapt to the evolving and changing business needs, conditions and work responsibilities of WRT and the industry.
• Promote organizational mission and goals by influencing others to act in support of ideas, programs or causes.
• Display an ongoing positive commitment to learning and self-improvement; desiring and trying to acquire new knowledge or skills for work.
• Take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and achieve results with good fiscal policy.
• Satisfactorily complete any additional training required by and related to this position.
• Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Skill to obtain and maintain COMPTIA A+ certification.
• Skill to obtain Calix certifications and any other Calix training that will be presented in the future.
• Skill in problem solving and resolution.
• Skill in operating test/splicing equipment for fiber, copper and ethernet services.
• Knowledge of company facilities, equipment operations and maintenance.
• Knowledge of company products and services.
• Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
• Knowledge and skill in operating technology devices/gadgets, etc.
• Ability to communicate with co-workers, customers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as maps and staking sheets along with operating and maintenance instruction manuals.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Ability to improve or redesign procedures for specific installation/repair problems.
• Ability to work independently and make sound technical decisions using information at hand.
• Ability to effectively function as a team player.
• Ability to maintain positive attitude.
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments.
• Ability to read and interpret technical documents.
• Ability to be self-motivated, enthusiastic, and passionate about WRT’s sales culture.
• Ability to think progressively and innovatively while quickly grasping and synthesizing new ideas.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable by WRT’s insurance carrier.
Education and Experience:
Degree in telecommunications, computer science, computer information system or related field or equivalent related experience is required. Two years of experience in the installation and maintenance of facilities and equipment associated with FTTP and two years of experience in the installation and maintenance of customer premise equipment is desired. Two years of specialized training along with a current recognized IT certification(s) is preferred.
Reports to the Beulah office and must reside within WRT service area.
Applications/resume and applicable certifications to Michelle Perreault, WRT Human Resources Manager, PO Box 467, Hazen, ND 58545, or email email@example.com by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, January 4, 2021.
WRT is an Equal Opportunity Employer
A PDF reader such as Adobe Reader is required to open the Application.